Monday, September 27, 2010

Demographic Babble

So, this blog has been existing fairly consistently for a couple of weeks now. I'm starting to get a general feel for the kind of things that you all like, and seeing what kind of thing are getting views and comments. Moreover, because of Blogger's really cool dashboard thing, I get to have some more information about you all, my viewership.

First off, I can tell that you're all very keen people, because more than 50% of you use Firefox. Chrome comes in second at a solid 20%, and Internet Explorer is the general struggle-bear with 11%, and then a bunch of strange little browsers that range from Safari to OneRiot (which I've never heard of. If you're that one guy using it, what IS OneRiot? Drop me a comment!)

Unsuprisingly, the majority of my viewership is from the USA, but I also have a respectable amount of Canadian viewers, and UK viewers. Other countries in Europe seem to follow along afterwards. Nice to meet you all.

Windows is easily the predominant system (70%) but Mac is putting in a solid show as well (19%). After that, we've got single digits of various smartphones and entertainment devices.

As far as views, we've got one clear outlier. My Dresden Files RPG review got WAY more traffic than the rest of them. It's not even close. It's got more than half the site's traffic for all time. Of that, the majority of that traffic was from StumbleUpon. If you're that fine fellow who stumbled me, I love you. Thumbs up. Stumble more! It's freaking awesome.

After that, we've got a pretty even spread between the various special topics. Mastering the Game seems to be going poorly, so apparantly that's not a crowd favorite. You guys all seem to like TV a decent amount though, and those posts are winning not only on views, but comments as well. I guess I'll keep doing those. Ultimately, what I think I need is a larger sample size, to see what people really like. So, do me a favor. If you're reading this, send a link to a friend. Send them your favorite post from here, and tell them to look around.

Comment here if there's anything you want to read specficially on here. Anything you want to hear my opinion on? Any topic that you'd like to hear about? Just let me know, and I'll add it to the docket.

1 comment:

  1. You said you were going to blog on the education reform in NYC. I know I should probably just look it up - which I will, btw - but I'd kind of like to hear an opinion from someone who actually lives there. I might even bring it up in my Ed class on Wednesday if you write it soon enough (or next Weds if you don't).

    ReplyDelete